Sioux Truck Wash for Ready Mix Trucks
Sioux has developed the Ready Mix Truck Wash based on our 85 years of experience building cleaning equipment for demanding industrial applications.
The ready mix concrete truck slowly approaches the wash tower with its drum in rotation when sensors on the wash tower start the cleaning process. The cleaning cycle stages consist of:
- Spray bars apply a detergent or cleaning chemical to the sides of the truck.
- Series of rotary high pressure spray nozzles clean the hopper to remove loose materials.
- Spray bars with high pressure nozzles clean and rinse the top and sides of the truck.
Light bar assists the driver to determine proper positioning for each stage and counts down time remaining.
The Cycle SwapTM feature of the Sioux unit allows drivers to quickly and easily change the system operation for front or rear discharge trucks by the touch of a button. The entire cleaning process is completed in 1 minute or less.
The Sioux Truck Wash is essential for any ready mix producer for the following reasons.
- Reduce the risk of injury - drivers do not have to get out of the truck and climb up to wash the hopper manually
- Consistent loads - the same amount of water is added to each load (not dependent on the driver)
- Fast and efficient - ready-mix truck is clean and ready to go down the road in 60 seconds
- Flexibility - works on both front and rear discharge mixers
- Professional company image - improve the look of the trucks and appearance to customer
- Reduced water consumption and run-off - uses less water than manually cleaning
Cold Weather Package - This option will extend the length of time operators may use the system in cold climates. The Cold Weather Package includes a temperature sensor to automatically activate winterization mode if the ambient temperature is near freezing. When enabled, only the hopper wash mode is activated to minimize ice build-up on the exterior of the truck and the wash pad area. An extended air blow down between cycles and hose insulation with heat tracing provides added protection to the water lines.
Truck Wash Features
Power Unit Model TW40 Features -
- 40 GPM @ 1200 PSI
- Programmable PLC with touchscreen control
- Duration of each stage is adjustable
- Generic cycle for special applications
- Automatic blowdown of the wash tower, when activated
- 40HP TEFC motor with soft starter
- Belt drive industrial triplex pump
- 1HP TEFC motor, triplex pump, and detergent injector
Wash Tower Model TWR40 Features -
- Stainless steel wash tower construction including the detergent and high pressure spray bars
- Engineered to withstand high wind load
- The Sioux proprietary truck sensors are built for severe environments and automatically start the system
- Adjustable sensors for precise operation for each producer's trucks
- LED light bar advises driver of proper positioning as well as duration remaining of each cycle
- Hopper wash system with rotary spray nozzles
A safe, quick, and complete way to clean your ready mix concrete trucks!
Have a Question?
Sioux serves a wide range of industries with our decades of experience, reliable products, and value added services that help companies every day around the world.
Sioux's products are built for the concrete, petroleum, mining, rail, greenhouse, food & beverage, and manufacturing industries with the highest quality and durability in mind. We strive to make sure our customers have the safest and most efficient equipment they can rely on year after year.