All-Electric Washers for Nuclear Power Plants
For over 30 years, Sioux Corporation has been the industry leader in manufacturing heavy-duty, extremely dependable all-electric hot water pressure washers and steam cleaners. Rather than using a conventional oil or gas fired burner, these machines heat water using electricity. These units have fewer moving parts and contain a conservatively designed heating element, providing the highest reliability and trouble-free operation of any design.
Sioux’s line of 100% All-Electric hot water pressure washers and steam cleaners are excellent for general plant maintenance and decontamination. These cleaners are being used in nuclear power plants worldwide.
- All-Electric units contain no burner and therefore emit no contaminants into the surrounding air and comply with the Clean Air Act.
- Explosion-Proof models for use in hazardous (combustible) atmospheres are available.
- Equipment maintenance and decontamination can be done rapidly, cutting worker exposure time.
- All-Electric unit itself can be decontaminated, allowing it to be used in various locations.
- Units are designed for indoor or outdoor use.
- No preheating or recovery time, making hot water available immediately; and the discharge temperature is maintained continuously, for optimal cleaning efficiency.
- Sioux offers over 45 models of All-Electric steam cleaners, hot water pressure washers and combination units, all with many standard options available.
- Standard ratings for steam cleaners range from 0.6 - 3.8 GPM (2.27 - 14.38 LPM) at 250 PSI (17.24 BAR).
- For hot water pressure washers, the ratings range from 2 - 8 GPM (7.57 - 30.28 LPM), 1200 - 3000 PSI (82.74 - 206.85 BAR).
- Sioux's entire line of standard all-electric cleaning equipment is third-party certified, certifying that the equipment meets respective explosion-proof and non-explosion proof safety standards.